The MONNET project aims to deal with issues of cross-lingual ontology localisation, visualisation and information extraction. We are working on MONNET in conjunction with:
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz
- Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- XBRL Europe
- Be Informed
The project consists of four main components
- An Ontology-Lexicon model that allows for associating linguistic information with language-independent representations of domain semantics
- Mulitlingual Ontology Localisation services that allow for automatic localisation of an ontology to different languages
- Cross-lingual ontology-based Information Extraction techniques for the extraction of information from document across languages
- Multilingual Knowledge Access and Visualisation techniques based on structured information presentation in different languages.
The Monnet project is funded as a STREP by the European Commission under Call 4 of Frame Program 7 (Objective ICT-2009.2.2. "Language-based Interaction").